Monday, December 28, 2015

Handmade ice lanterns & wreaths


This is one of my favoutite diy projects! I learned about it in my journey in Rovaniemi, back in 2004. Ohh...It was such a wonderful experience! Like a Christmas fairy tale... 
What I loved there from the first minute, were the ice sculptures that were placed everywhere in the city and they were really magnificent especially during the night (which is so long there this season) that they were illuminated with coloured lights.
After that, I was excited when we lighted up the tea light of our first ice lantern & we created an ice Christmas wreath... It was just wonderful to create those tiny ice objects in some minutes, leaving the mold with the water outside (the temperature was lower of the freezer) in order to freeze. 


   
        

Follow me on | Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Google+ Flickr |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...